Search all of my sites with Google

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Motorization of Crazybike2

It's not installed yet, but I'm working out the mounting hardware to install the treadmill motor under the seat area. Since the belt I have is not long enough, I am probably going to be changing the pulleys for some regular V-belt pulleys, for which I have several belts available in different lengths. I don't think it's as good a solution as the other belt, as there isn't as much gripping surface area, but it will allow me to do this until I work out a better way.

I have not yet completed the pedal-chain-tension-controlled throttle, since some of it's mechanical workings are more difficult to physically make than I had anticipated, so I will end up temporarily using a regular throttle on the handlebars, most likely, until I complete the other mechanics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Alternate suggestions or improvements to anything that's been posted is very welcome, and extreme detail is preferred to brevity.

Keep in mind that unless you leave an email address in your comment, I haven't any way to reply to you except to reply to your comment here. That means if you want a reply, you'll have to come back to *this* blog entry and it's comments to see my reply to you, unless you leave some method of contact within your comment.